Our fight is against the disease and not against the infected: Medical Education Minister Dr.K.Sudhakar
Delighted Chikkaballapura district topped in SSLC results, says Dr Sudhakar
Bengaluru: Our fight should be against the disease, not against the persons with infections says Medical Education Minister Dr.K.Sudhakar. Fear and anxiety about the disease can lead the people to be biased and hurtful towards their fellow citizens, places, or things. We have several examples of such outbursts since the pandemic started tightening its grip on India. This is very dangerous and we should join hands to remove this stigma from the society said Dr.Sudhakar. The Minister has speaking in a Google meet on destigmatising Covid-19 during this pandemic.
Earlier in the day, the Minister held a video conference with management of Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences to take stock of the Covid-19 situation and reviewed the treatment protocols being followed in the hospital, Covid testing facilities, number of tests conducted, availability of man power, infrastructure and various other issues. He expressed satisfaction about the performance of the institute in handling Covid and assured all necessary assistance to enhance its performance.
Dr. Sudhakar meets Health Minister B.Sriramulu, speaks with Minister B.C.Patil
Dr. Sudhakar visited Bowring Hospital and met Minister Sriramulu who is under going Covid treatment there. He wished him speedy recovery. Later he spoke to Minister B. C. Patil who tested positive and under home isolation and wished him speedy recovery.
Chikkaballapura district ranks first in SSLC exams
For the first time in the history of Chikkaballapura district topped in the SSLC results. Expressing his happiness on he congratulated students, district administration and the teachers for the outstanding achievement. The Minister said that a series of measures have been taken to improve the overall performance.
Strategies implemented for S.S.L.C results improvement in Chikkaballapur
• In September 2019, a core committee was constituted to plan and implement the Action Plan.
• In October, 2019 a meeting was held with Head Masters of all schools to design the plan.
• Identified Slow learners and categorized them as special students.
• Constituted a Task Force for special students.
• 3000 special students identified in the District from six taluks.
• 6.Identifed 9 Resource persons in each subject.
• 3 resource persons for preparing test to identify the slow learners, three for preparing special syllabus for these students and other 3 for designing work sheets for slow learners.
• Saturday Special programme for these students in their own respective schools and Mid-day meal for these students.
• Monthly special tests and feedback to these students on Mentoring Model.
• Orientation programmes for all subject teachers in all Taluks.
• Inspiration programmes conducted for all teachers of the district.
• Guiding students to solve the work sheets by teachers.
• Effective academic supervision from DC, C.E.O, D.D.P I, E.O by visiting all schools in the District with more than 100 students.
• Identified 6 experimental schools in each Taluk and designed a very special mode for learning. Theory of Ten Times practice for Mastering learning which is popularly called as TTP programme.
• Conducted orientation programs for Hostel wardens meeting about academic supervision of 10th students.
• Specialist consultant personally visited all these schools and monitored the learning of students.
• All these resulted in a silent revolution in Chikkaballapur SSLC results.
• The idea was based on understanding the learner and attend to their needs.